Schellville Enchanted Winter Celebration
November 20 - December 31
The holiday season is magical in Coastal Delaware. Historic small towns offer celebrations such as tours, light displays, parades, tree lightings, sing-alongs, and more. These events are sure to add joy and special memories to this festive time of year.
Schellville was always a popular feature at Winter Wonderfest in previous years. This year an expanded Schellville Enchanted Winter Celebration will take place in November and December on a 6-acre site behind Tanger Outlets Seaside along Holland Glade Road north of Rehoboth Beach.
The celebration will include a 100-by-200-foot roller-skating rink featuring a loop where skaters can roll under a tunnel of lights, and an expanded cobblestone Enchanted Christmas Village with 18 houses, including a new pet hospital and airplane hangar. Santa and Mrs. Claus will be on hand each night of the festival. Admission is free to the public with $5 rentals for skates.
But that’s only the beginning.
There will be a large Christmas tree at the entrance – perfect for photo opportunities, an expanded outdoor lounge area with fire pits, new and improved snow machines providing twice as much snow for 15 minutes every hour, and two trains passing through a tunnel of lights with views of holiday characters, and Christmas decorations and trees.
Other features of the festival will include:
• Candy Cane Artisan’s Lane market with 10 artisans selling gifts, stocking stuffers and Schellville memorabilia.
• Frosty’s Food Truck Alley each night with five trucks; a Ho, Ho, Ho Hospitality Tent for adults sponsored by La Vida Hospitality overlooking the skating rink; and coffee and hot chocolate from the Schell Brothers Coffee House.
• Starboard Stage featuring live acts.
• Project Kudos bus with an interactive Believe-O-Meter.
• A snow zone for safe snowball fights each evening and 16 snow machines to cover the grounds every 15 minutes.
• A Christmas tree maze with an Enchanted Elf Village, Revelation Two Blokes Beer Garden and Christmas trees to explore.
The festival will be open from 5 to 9 p.m., Thursday-Sunday, Nov. 20-Dec. 31, and the entire week of Dec. 26-Dec. 31.
For more information or reservations, go to schellbrothers.com/promotions/schellville